Are you also facing the issue with freezing speed stamp after the initial start or driving for R2-4K dash cam?
After receiving reports from ROVE R2-4K users about the freezing speed stamp issue, we performed a technical investigation and came across a minimal technical bug with the R2-4K models with firmware version after 07-07-2020. This bug caused the freezing of the speed stamp provided by the in-built GPS and can easily be solved with a firmware update. Here is a quick guide to doing the fix manually.
Input your R2-4K serial number
(You can find serial number of your camera as shown above)
It seems like your dashcam does not have any problem with the speed stamp issue, still if you are facing any issue you feel free to contect our customer support
CAUTION: Please avoid the firmware update if your ROVE R2-4K dash cam is functioning perfectly. Doing this can tamper your dash cam’s warranty
Follow these quick and straightforward steps to upgrade your R2-4K dash cam’s firmware.
- First download the firmware binary file from the download button above
- Please make sure the file name is "FW96660A.bin"
- Format the memory card in your camera. (Make sure to keep back up of videos if you need them)
- Then, copy the downloaded firmware file into the root folder of your memory card. Ensure the firmware's filename is "FW96660A.bin".
- Now, keep the camera plugged into the power & turn it OFF.
- Now insert the memory card containing the firmware file into the camera.
- Now press the POWER button once, which will start the firmware update process. You should see the blinking red light, which means your ROVE R2-4K is updating the new firmware.
- Let it go through its cycle and ensure the power doesn't disconnect during the firmware update process.
- The camera should turn ON automatically after the firmware update.
IMPORTANT: Once the camera turns ON after the update, make sure to FORMAT the memory card by going into the camera's system settings. Otherwise, the camera will keep updating firmware every time your camera restarts.